Resident Advisor (aka RA) is one of the prime sources for information about clubs, events and Electronic Music news. On this occasion, RA posted an in-depth article that relates the EDM industry to the situation of the World.
In this publication, you can find 6 key points that Resident Advisor’s writers considered highlights of the year around the world. These key points describe how world trends impact on the EDM industry.
- Techno morphs – links the techno boom of 2019 with the word of the year. This point describes the evolution of techno from last year to today.
- A new era for queer nightlife in Berlin and beyond – the title says all – Queer nightlife is expanding, as the people producing it become more diverse. The scene is getting more inclusive and more vibrant.
- Formats stay in flux – DJ gear remains almost constant this year although some of the artists keep playing with vinyl.
- Fresh urgency for dance music activism – describes how electronic music can be used as weapons in demonstrations or political discrepancies.
- Social media’s complicated dominance – links social media with fast growth for artists but also as a dangerous double-edged weapon
- The climate crisis comes to the fore – relates climate crisis to new measures that clubs and events are taking into consideration for future editions.
Resident Advisor managed to build an article that merges the World’s actual, real-life situation with the EDM industry response. Make sure to check the full post at Resident Advisor’s site in this link.
Check out Resident Advisor’s albums of the year, which “capture an intriguing moment in the history of electronic music.”
Our albums of the year capture an intriguing moment in the history of electronic musichttps://t.co/emaXeY3z7z
— Resident Advisor (@residentadvisor) December 10, 2019
The post Resident Advisor Gives Insight on Electronic Music in 2019 appeared first on EDMTunes.